This weekend I’ve decided I am going to master the wonderous art of crochet, I have dreams of vintage inspired pot holders displayed on one of my walls, doilie inspired pieces, blankets and bunting. Here are some pretty inspirationals:
Available from Etsy
*Dottie Angel is a wonderful place to visit, I often find myself getting lost in her dreamy craft world, she also has a ‘How to’ for a pretty crochet blanket with doilies. Perfect.
**For even more crochet inspirationals have a look at my Pinterest.
This week I created a work space in the spare room, it has a lovely view of the garden and a huge oak desk (on loan from my sister-in-law) I have already been drawing and designing lots, all my pens are lined up, my To Do list is huge, my wartime typewriter is ready when I need her and my mind is whirring with ideas, under the watchful eye of my cat I am ready for action. I have also acquired some screen printing studio space after a long wait, which is tremendously exciting as it means I can finally start producing some beautiful things, also in the pipeline; an Etsy shop, a website, an empire!
Watch this space.
Anyway I saw this post and I am taking her up on her invitation to post ‘7 things about me’ :
1) My favorite flowers are Sweet Pea’s, they’ve been in my life every summer for ever (also my favorite smell)
2) I prefer mountains and forests to the sea and beaches (look here if you need persuading)
3) I have an irrational fear of daddy long legs and waking up sleeping people, due to two unrelated childhood traumas
4) I married my childhood sweetheart
5) I love typewriters, teapots, owls and cats among other things
6) I dream of living in a cottage in the country in the middle of nowhere, wearing wellies and a headscarf and being self-sufficient
7) I have no tonsils
Tell me seven things about you…
Since childhood I have dreamt of having my very own weeping willow tree to sit under, and now I have one in my very own garden. Wonderful, now my garden dreams can come true:
Images via Pinterest
I like things from the past, vintage objects, trying to emulate 20’s/50’s/60’s style, nostalgia, watching Mad Men etc.. who doesn’t?
>>>I want this camera, it is a thing of beauty, makes pictures look old and whimsical and it’s my favorite colour. I’m going to draw it, and one day buy it.
>>>At the weekend we went to Mumbles (amazing name!) in Wales, it was a lovely day by the seaside, we came across this Ice cream parlour, it looked lost in time and served Knickerbockerglorys!
>>>I like feeling all 50’s and getting a giant milkshake from Rocatillo’s in Bristol; retro yumness.