November 6, 2012
I mean it when I say Autumn is my favourite, I’m at home in Autumn, I feel renewed by the dramatic sense of change . A few weeks ago I went to the Isle of Skye and it was magnificent, I think Scotland was made for Autumn, rusty mountains and floating mists etc. While there I picked up a cosy tartan blanket in preparation for the impending hibernation, which has started early this year due to a remote location and a freak snowfall on Sunday. I love blankets. I also recently acquired a massive crochet one from family that covers our three seater sofa and gives our new home the touch that only a colourful granny square blanket can, I don’t think I can ever have too many, and when they reach the bottom of the cycle the Russian Princess (aka cat) we live with inherits them.
I now have my eyes on these beauts from Fine Little Day:
May 3, 2011
I have unintentionally acquired a doily/ vintage tablecloth collection, I’m very happy about this. The first batch I collected for the table decorations at my wedding, and the other day my lovely Gran sent me a bag full that she had collected for me, including two beautiful vintage linen tablecloths:
April 14, 2011
Today I was catching up on my favorite blogs, one of them is by Karen Barbe a Textile designer from Santiago, I love its simplicity and cleanliness and her textiles are beautiful.
Anyway I saw this post and I am taking her up on her invitation to post ‘7 things about me’ :
1) My favorite flowers are Sweet Pea’s, they’ve been in my life every summer for ever (also my favorite smell)
2) I prefer mountains and forests to the sea and beaches (look here if you need persuading)
3) I have an irrational fear of daddy long legs and waking up sleeping people, due to two unrelated childhood traumas
4) I married my childhood sweetheart
5) I love typewriters, teapots, owls and cats among other things
6) I dream of living in a cottage in the country in the middle of nowhere, wearing wellies and a headscarf and being self-sufficient
7) I have no tonsils
Tell me seven things about you…
March 5, 2011
Today I received a lovely surprise; a package from my Mum containing two beautiful vintage place mats that she’d picked up from a charity shop. I LOVE them and the colours are so SPRING!
…and a pretty doily I found in a charity shop